Subject: Re: Starting the business (was new anim. hdwre. adv. (C & Q))
From: Joe <[email-masked]>
To: David Warner <[email-masked]>
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 08:02:10 -0500 (EST)

> >Well, I don't really have any proof...I suppose that I could get someone
> >in Southern CT to record the show for me and then pursue this further,
> >but I think my time would be better spent on more important things, like
> >the dozen or so other things I'm working on.
> 
> >I was really pissed about it at first, but this guy is really not worth
> >the effort it would require to go after him...even if everything had
> >worked out smoothly, he got my price down to only a few hundred dollars,
> >so it's not really a huge loss...the wisdom gained from this experience
> >is worth much more.
> 
> If you explain the situation to the cable company involved, you would be
> surprised how fast you would get their cooperation in terms of a video copys
> and all the proof you need.  After all, the Cable Co is in NO rush to be sued
> either.
> 

David I concure.  Just the threat of sueing can do wonders to someone who 
knows he ripped you off and a settlement contract will be in your hand 
soon expecially if you include some paperwork like Robert is talking about.

As someone who was ripped off for the first graphics job I ever did and 
one other ayear later, I am sorry I didn't take it at least to the letter 
threatenning to sue stage.  I would do that now in a heatbeat... Actually 
going to court can be tricky and expensive in civil cases but a simple 
"I'm gona sue your ass" letter can be worth quite a lot if you are really 
on the right side of the law.

Joe Freeman